6.20.2011

"Trut" Birthday

Bennett requested a truck birthday party. Oh, and a truck birthday party we had! It was a blast - and a lot of work - but oh so worth it to see his face when he arrived at his very own 'construction zone'...

No, but really - Bennett was probably the only one who noticed the truck signs (he still has them).






Bennett's "twinner" cousin - born 3 hours apart! 










Proud Daddy & Uncle manning the BBQ





So - this lovely lady (my sister.in.law) and I spent a good amount of time creating this...


{I had a blast! Thanks for your help, Brand}

My mother.in.law asked where the cake was. It was placed between two real ones. Tee, hee! :)




 The cake was a hit - his favorite part of the day for sure!
...
He stared at it for awhile and then just couldn't resist. I loved coming over to see his sweet hand print. 
Just as it should be.



A little afraid of the flame.








Another highlight for the little ones...


My dad brought his fun little "tractor"/wheel barrel thingy for the kids to enjoy - and boy did they!!



Pinata time!!



{thanks to all who came and celebrated with us}

   


Checking out his loot. No surprise that his favorite gifts were black and yellow...


At the end of the day, we were so thrilled  that the cake was yummy and that the favors were fun ... but when the balloons were popped and the cones stacked up I realized that the most important part of my day was this...

The most important part of my day is now a toddler. 
Always my baby but no longer a baby.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy.  
 I love you - you and the trucks that line our living room. 
xoxo, 
Mommy

5 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

Wow! What an AMAZING party! I am SO impressed! I love the cake and all the cute food piled in the back of the trucks. The signs are all great too. SUch a CUTE party!

Torgersons said...

What a FUN party! Bennett for sure looks in heaven! I can't believe our babies (yes, babies) are two now! The party decorations and everything look fabulous. What a fun day for your little dude!

kc said...

Holy cow Ash! If I had seen this before Saturday, I wouldn't have let you come to Holland's party. This is amazing!! I'm so impressed! So good to see you (even if Holland's party looked pitiful compared to this). Thank you so much for coming!

Lisa said...

I love the cake!! The things we do to make our kids happy and to help create memories (at least through pictures because I'm not sure how back kids can actually remember without them).

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Oh my gosh Ash! You are amazing! That is the best truck party ever...maybe you can come help me plan one for Nate :) He is one lucky boy to have a mommy like you.